The posting can also be viewed (and applied to) via this link
Where will you work?
International School Twente (IST) is an international school in Enschede with both a primary and a secondary education establishment. IST is a small but growing dynamic school that provides international education to students aged 11 to 18 from over 30 countries. The school is for international students who settle in the Netherlands temporarily and for Dutch students who have lived abroad that are returning to the Netherlands or preparing themselves for a departure abroad.
IST is an authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. The IB offers educational programs that closely interconnect and are internationally rolled out in 5600 schools. IST offers both the Cambridge international exams and the IB Diploma Programme (DP), both educational programs are taught in English.
The secondary school is part of the Dutch school group Het Stedelijk and works closely with the Dutch secondary school College Zuid. What do they promise? More opportunities for everyone, a learning path that suits the students and guarantees progress!
What will you do?
As the new team leader, you are strong and have great affinity with not only international education but also its students and their parents. With your experience, insight and talents, you effectively contribute to the further development of our growing organization. You are responsible for the quality of education and staff within your team. As team leader, you focus on the upper secondary and you are also the DP coordinator. You are aware of developments within the Cambridge and IBDP curriculum and can ensure a smooth running of these exams.
From your position, you work closely with the team leader of the lower secondary/Principal, the teamleader student support and the director of Het Stedelijk, where you will also play an integral role on a strategic level. The main focus is quality education for all students!
- based on your experience, you provide leadership to your team;
- you work purposefully according to a common vision and monitor the course and associated goals set;
- you inspire, stimulate, and coach your colleagues in their professional development, and you ensure a safe working climate;
- you build pleasant and honest relationships with your team, students, and parents and maintain a relevant network within the region. You are the ambassador for our school.
What do you bring?
In this role, you are an inspiring educational leader who knows how to establish a strong connection between colleagues, students, and their parents. You are flexible and with your talent, you are able to achieve further development of our diploma program (IBDP). You have excellent communication skills and have the ability to function well in a team. Because of the diversity within this organization, the different cultures and backgrounds, insight and knowledge of this is essential.
- you have at least HBO level of education and are in possession of a teaching degree;
- you have previous experience and proven success in a managerial role;
- you have good organizational, interpersonal, and management skills;
- your oral and written skills are excellent in both English and Dutch;
- you have excellent knowledge of and demonstrable experience with the school’s academic programs (IBDP);
- you have educational or professional experience in a culturally diverse environment;
- due to the regional nature, you are able to work in the EU.
What do you get in return?
You will have a challenging position within a dynamic English-speaking and international environment, a growing school with an enthusiastic and professional team.
Initially, you will be appointed as a team leader for a period of one year (LD scale in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Secondary Education). If you perform well and business conditions remain the same, a permanent contract will be offered after this year.
Depending on your knowledge and experience, your salary can be up to €6,059 per month for a full-time position. In addition, you will receive 8% holiday allowance and a thirteenth month’s salary.
Does this spark your interest?
Are you up for the challenge? Please contact Arnold Bouman from STORM in Recruitment at email@example.com or call 038-22 22 015. We hope to meet you soon for a cup of coffee.
Apply directly for the position via the link here