IST is a small but growing dynamic school, which provides international education to students in the age range of 11-18 , from over 25 countries. IST secondary is an authorised Cambridge International Examination Centre and provides the International Cambridge Curriculum. In addition, we are an authorised International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. Therefore, we are fully authorised to offer both the international examinations of Cambridge as well as the IB Diploma Programme. Both curricula are taught in English. Our secondary school is part of the Dutch parent school, Het Stedelijk Lyceum. On our website www.internationalschooltwente.nl you can find more information about education at IST.
Applicants should provide students with relevant learning experiences, have a variety of effective teaching strategies to meet the needs of our diverse student body, effectively engage students and be committed to international-mindedness and the IST mission and vision.
IST’s Vision is constructed around the pillars Global Citizens, Inquisitive Learners and Community School:
We offer our students essential stepping stones to learn to become a successful and happy global citizen.
We aim to develop inquisitive minds that have a love for learning and therefore excel in personal and academic growth.
We cultivate a school community to provide our students with an inclusive and caring environment within which they can build strong friendships that will last throughout their
● Passionate and inspiring teacher
● Flexible and willing to help to develop the mathematics department
● Eligible to work in the EU
● Setting high standards
● Teamplayer with an affinity for international schools and students
● You have excellent communication skills and the ability to function well within a team.
● You have an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds.
● You are a Native level English language speaker
● You have a commitment to the school’s vision and mission
Qualifications and experience
Your resume and cover letter will show that you have at least the following knowledge and experience:
● You have a bachelor or master’s degree, with a Maths teacher teaching certificate.
● You have previous experience and proven success as an Maths teacher .
● You have proven experience and expertise with the school’s academic programs.
● You have educational or professional experience in a culturally diverse environment.
● A position for 0.6 – 1.0 FTE (18 – 27 lessons per week)
● A challenging position with a dynamic English language and international environment,
in a growing school with an enthusiastic and professional team.
● A salary scale in accordance with the position and with the CAO for secondary
● A chromebook and access to the HSL Academy for training opportunities.
Should you be interested in applying for this position, please send an email to the attention of Chris Bonke, secondary school principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can send your
application, consisting of your CV and cover letter, until 20 May 2023 at the latest.
Would you like to know more about this vacancy?
For substantive questions about the position, please contact Chris Bonke, secondary school principal, at email@example.com.
For questions about the procedure, please contact Inge Klaassen, P&O advisor, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.